Fly on the Wall: an advance review of the next week's episode of TB

Recensione episodio nove true blood...att.ne potrebbe contenere spoilers

« Older   Newer »

1. BlackLilium87

User deleted

recensione episodio nove true blood-att.ne potrebbe contenere spoilers...

SPOILER (click to view)
    "Every now and then an episode of a television series comes along that changes the way you see that particular series. HBO's True Blood has always been been a fun and often crazy roller coaster ride through some dark Southern swamplands (and through the darker corners of the heart) but I never thought it would touch upon the profound.

That's now changed.

I had the opportunity last night to watch next week's gripping episode of True Blood ("I Will Rise Up") and, the morning after, I'm still turning over this heartbreaking and beautiful installment in my mind. It's an episode that's a game-changer for True Blood inasmuch as it shifts the action from the physical desires of the flesh to something innately divine and, yes, profound and alters the playing field of the second season.

I'm not giving out any spoilers about just what happens in "I Will Rise Up," but if you want to know more about this brilliant installment of True Blood, keep reading.

Credit for this amazing episode goes not only to the stunning work of writer Nancy Oliver and director Scott Winant, but also to the truly extraordinary performances by actors Anna Paquin, Allan Hyde, Alexander Skarsgard, Deborah Ann Woll, Jim Parrack, and Stephen Moyer, to name just a few. Their magnificent turns in this episode elevate an already elegiac story into something penetrating and weighty.

Special kudos have to go out to newcomer Allan Hyde, who in just a few episodes has made Godric one of the most compelling and memorable vampires in recent memory. If you thought his presence in the most recent episode of True Blood had showcased Hyde's considerable skills, you might want to think again: this episode announces in no uncertain terms that a true talent has arrived.

When we last saw the vampires of Area Nine, Luke (Wes Brown) had detonated explosives (along with a cache of silver) inside Godric's nest and the episode begins seconds after the explosion. So who lives and who dies? That would be telling. But it's the aftermath of the attack by the Fellowship of the Sun that also provides one of the series' most shocking moments to date.

So what is "I Will Rise Up" about then? For one, it's about the notion of forgiveness, both in terms of the divine and the mundane. None of the characters on the series have been saints (it's rather hard to do so in a series overflowing with blood-thirsty vampires) but there are several scenes that speak to the redemptive power of compassion and grace.

The truth, as they say, will out in the end and so it does here as several secrets laid bare for all to see. Likewise, the episode deals not only with mercy but also with a mercenary craftiness that's as staggeringly bold as it is shocking... and one that forever changes the parameters of one of the series' central relationships. New alliances are forged, the bonds of friendship are severed, families reunited and ripped asunder, and evocative dreams point the way to a haunting new reality.

Several characters make decisions that will have lasting implications as we begin the race to the second season finale of True Blood. As terrifying as things have gotten for the residents of Bon Temps (including those currently in Dallas), things are only going to get more grim in these next few episodes.

In other words: be very afraid.

All in all, "I Will Rise Up" is one of the most scary, sexy, funny, and perspicacious installments of the slickly seductive True Blood to date. Whatever plans you might have had for Sunday evening, this is one episode of True Blood you definitely want to watch live.

Sunday night on True Blood ("I Will Rise Up"), Eric plays Sookie for a sucker; Sookie and Jason bond over their recent adventures; Lafayette and Lettie Mae try to figure out a way to pry Tara from Maryann’s clutches; Hoyt defends his relationship with Jessica to Maxine; Sam looks for a way to escape both jail and Maryann; Godric decides to take the fall for the vampires' recent PR disaster when Nan Flanagan arrives in town".

o mamma! che recensione... mi sa che l'episodio 9 non sarà solo l'episodio preferito di Alex...
    su Allan Hyde sono totalmente d'accordo...per impressionare così positivamente deve essere per forza un talento!

fonte:
    http://www.televisionaryblog.com/2009/08/f...ew-of-next.html

Edited by Monyka82 - 12/8/2009, 18:54

2. Sognofobia***Tania***

User deleted

bell'articolo ma credo sia meglio aggiungere spoiler onde evitare che qualcuno lo legga senza sapere che è la recensione del nono episodio...

3. Monyka82

User deleted

All in all, "I Will Rise Up" is one of the most scary, sexy, funny, and perspicacious installments of the slickly seductive True Blood to date.

ni sa che ne vedremo delle belle...ho capito perchè Alex diceva che era il suo preferito!!!!woooooow....mi sa che piangero'..
    SPOILER (click to view)
    .già lo so...Godric nooooo!!!!
    ... :03.gif:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    Eric plays Sookie for a sucker.....

che puntataaaa!!!

Edited by Monyka82 - 12/8/2009, 21:28

4. Sognofobia***Tania***

User deleted

ahahahah Monica sei in fibrillazione??????ti capisco ti capisco!!!!

5. serenamor

User deleted

mamma mia...e la fibrillazione aumenta

6. Monyka82

User deleted

breve riassuntino italiano dell'articolo...a grandi linee...
    SPOILER (click to view)
    .... temi importanti, come il perdono e il fare la cosa giusta, il sacrificarsi per la redenzione,la pietà....se non ho capito male....questo è quello che mi ricordo..a grandi linee...e poi hanno citato che saranno in scena qsi tutti i personaggi principale come Sookie, Eric, Bill, e Godric....e che la loro recitazione è stata straordinaria...
    Molti compliemnti a Godric che in pochissime puntate ha creato un vampiro che ha segnato la serie come in pochi avevano fatto..memorabile...
    Molti segreti si scopriranno alla fine...e uno di questi cambierà per sempre il corso della relazione sentimentale principale della serie...
    Nuove alleanze, nuove amicizie,famiglie che si riuniscono e altre che si rompono....
    Molti personaggi prenderanno decisioni che avranno conseguenze nel finale di stagione...se le cose sono state terrificanti ora...niente di buono si prospetta per gli abitanti di Bon temps....
    in altre parole:abbiate paura.
    La puntata 9 è il piu' sexy,divertente e perspicace istallamento televisivo fra quelli visti fino ad ora in TB....

Edited by Monyka82 - 12/8/2009, 22:04

7. serenamor

User deleted

grazie monika.....ora....quanti giorni mancano a lunedi'????ancora 5????nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. BlackLilium87

User deleted

SPOILER (click to view)
    aggiungo al riassunto di monyka che nell'episodio nessuno dei personaggi è stato un santo ma ci sono diverse scene che parlano della potenza redentrice della compassione e del perdono. Oltre al tema della pietà ci sarà quello dell'astuzia tanta sfacciata quanto scioccante... chissà a chi si riferisce? :30.gif:

9. serenamor

User deleted

CITAZIONE (BlackLilium87 @ 12/8/2009, 22:20)
    SPOILER (click to view)
    aggiungo al riassunto di monyka che nell'episodio nessuno dei personaggi è stato un santo ma ci sono diverse scene che parlano della potenza redentrice della compassione e del perdono. Oltre al tema della pietà ci sarà quello dell'astuzia tanta sfacciata quanto scioccante... chissà a chi si riferisce? :30.gif:

SPOILER (click to view)
    ma quarda l'astuzia scioccante e sfaccata non ho proprio idea a chi si possa riferire.... image

10. Monyka82

User deleted

CITAZIONE (BlackLilium87 @ 12/8/2009, 22:20)
    SPOILER (click to view)

SPOILER (click to view)
    ma chi sarà mai l'astuto??'non so proprio chi sia cosi astuto da inventarsi che so....una succhiatrice di pallottole/argento....certo Sookie, sei una volpe,ma qnte volte l'hai visto che i vamp guariscono in fretta?...non è che ce stavi a prova' pure te???

11. serenamor

User deleted

ahahhahha sookie sookie....niente volpona stavolta???mai come stavolta per questo episodio il tuo nome fu adeguato......

sto sclerando di brutto...e' da quando ho visto lunedi' l'episodio che non faccio altro che immaginarmi la scena del probabile bacio e della probabile pallottola/argento....

12. Monyka82

User deleted

image image image

13. BlackLilium87

User deleted

sì sì fa finta di niente lei... e d'allora ogni cosa cambiò... :08.gif:

14. Rowky

User deleted

Ok, questo non fa per niente bene al mio cervello, ora veramente non ce la faccio più ad aspettare >.<
    SPOILER (click to view)
    da quello che ho capito in questa puntata ci saranno tantissimi ribaltamenti degli schemi della serie, e questo mi piace moltissimo... non solo per quello che tutte noi ormai sappiamo, ma anche perchè era ora di movimentare le dinamiche ed i rapporti fra personaggi ed aumentare la tensione in vista del finale di stagione...

Oddio, ho bisogno di qualche pasticca di valium... ma dov'è Lafayette quando serve? XD

15. serenamor

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Rowky @ 12/8/2009, 22:35)
    Oddio, ho bisogno di qualche pasticca di valium... ma dov'è Lafayette quando serve? XD

:08.gif: :08.gif: cercasi disperatamente lafayette....urgesi presenza immediata...rilevate tracce di squilibrio mentale pre puntata

31 replies since 12/8/2009, 17:46   168 views