Charlaine Harris:”Eric turned out to be more popular than I expected”

« Older   Newer »

1. Dita V

User deleted

Hours before “Dead in the Family” is released, a new interview with Charlaine reveals once again, her ability to stay away from any implicated response about Sookie Stackhouse’s love fate. R.J. Carter from The Trades has interviewed her and here’s the result of the interview for you… starting with a juicy excerpt.

[...]

Carrie – The new book seems to focus on Sookie’s family and friends. Are you surprised about how popular Eric’s character has become, and is it because of that popularity that we continue to see Sookie in a relationship with him rather than with Bill?
    That’s a complicated question. The book is about families of all sorts, not just Sookie’s. It’s about the different kinds of families that you can have, and how much trouble they can cause you. I think that we’re all familiar with that, probably.

Eric turned out to be more popular than I expected, but the books are still going the way I planned on them going, regardless of the popularity of one character over another.

Carrie – Has the television show had any influence in your approach to the books?
    You know, I don’t think so. If it has, it’s unconscious on my part, because I’m way ahead of the storytelling in the TV show. I’m writing Book Eleven, and Alan [Ball] is on Book Three.

www.the-trades.com/article.php?id=11840

0 replies since 4/5/2010, 22:18   48 views