HBO’s True Blood Included in Emmy Campaign Package

« Older   Newer »

1. Titania

User deleted

CITAZIONE

The race for Emmy nominations have already started as networks begin to send their Emmy campaign boxes to the 14,000 members of the TV academy who will cast their vote for their selections. HBO has already sent out some of their campaign boxes which features booklets and DVDs of their TV series, specials, movies, documentaries, and the full miniseries “The Pacific.” HBO will also be sending out an additional separate package on May 5 that will contain DVDs of “You Don’t Know Jack” (Al Pacino as Dr. Jack Kevorkian), “The Special Relationship” (Michael Sheen and Dennis Quaid as British Prime Minister Tony Blair and U.S. President Bill Clinton) and Bill Maher’s special “I’m Not Wrong.”

The big news for True Blood fans is that two episodes from season 2 of True Blood have been included in the selection for consideration for an Emmy nomination, “Shake and Fingerpop” (Season 2, Episode 4) and “I Will Rise Up” (Season 2, Episode 9).

“Shake and Fingerpop” originally aired July 12, 2009 and was directed by Michael Lehmann and written by Alan Ball which focused on Eric, Sookie and Bill traveling to Dallas to help find the missing head of the local vampire community. They take Jessica along but on arrival, the driver meeting them attempts to abduct Sookie. Maryann throws a party for Tara who has now moved into Sookie’s house. A lot of people show up and once again she weaves her magic, revealing something interesting about herself in the process. Sam Merlotte isn’t sure starting a relationship with Daphne is a good idea but she tells him she knows his secret. Lafayette is still recovering from his wounds when Eric makes him a proposition. Jason is still making an impression at Church camp and is asked to move in with Sarah and Steve Newlin.

“I Will Rise Up” originally aired August 16, 2009 and was directed by Scott Winant and was written by Nancy Oliver which focused on the vampire and human clean up in the aftermath of the explosion. Eric tricks Sookie into drinking some of his blood, much to Bill’s dismay. As a result of the lapse in security, Godric’s leadership falls under review but his response surprises everyone, especially Eric, who begs him not to go through with his plan. In Bon Temps, Maryann is out to find Sam Merlotte and complete the ritual sacrifice. She casts a spell on everyone in Sam’s bar to get them to look for him. Lafayette and Tara’s mother forcibly remove her from Sookie’s house. Hoyt and Jessica get used to their situation and Hoyt decides it’s time to introduce his true love to his vampire-hating mother.

CITAZIONE
    The first Emmy campaign box contains contents from TV series up for consideration which include:

Bored To Death – Episodes: “The Case of the Missing Screenplay”, “The Case of the Beautiful Blackmailer”, “Take a Drive”

Big Love – Episodes: “Strange Bedfellows”, “The Mighty and Strong

Curb Your Enthusiasm – Episodes: “Vehicular Fellatio”, “The Reunion”, “Denise Handicapped”, “The Bare Midriff”, “The Table Read”, “Seinfeld”

Entourage – Episodes: “The Sorkin Notes”, “Scared Straight”, “Give a Little Bit”

How To Make It In America – Episodes: “Pilot”, “Crisp”, “HUNG”, “Pilot”, “The Pickle Jar or Twice as Fat”, “A … and a Dream or Fight the Honey”

The Life and Times of Tim – Episodes: “Tim’s Beard/ Unjustly Neglected Drama”, “Pharmaceutical Sales/ Rep Gone Wild/ Amy’s Got a Gun”, “London Calling/ Novelist”

Real Time With Bill Maher – Episodes: “July 31, 2009: Niall Ferguson, Rachel Maddow, Joe Queenan, Jeff Sharlet, Michael Ware”, “Sept. 25, 2009: Paul Krugman, Michael Moore, Former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, John Waters”

The Ricky Gervais Show – Episodes: “Space Monkey”, “Knob at Night”, “Charity”

Treme – Episodes: “Do You Know What It Means”, “Meet de Boys on the Battlefront”

TRUE BLOOD – Episodes: “Shake and Fingerpop”, “I Will Rise Up”

The second Emmy campaign box contains contents from movies, specials, family, and documentaries up for consideration which include:

“Temple Grandin”
    “The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert”
    “Wanda Sykes: I’ma Be Me”
    “Robin Williams: Weapons of Self Destruction”
    “George Lopez: Tall, Dark & Chicano”
    “A Family Is a Family Is a Family: A Rosie O’Donnell Celebration”
    “Terror in Mumbai”
    “Teddy: In His Own Words”
    “By the People: The Election of Barack Obama”
    “Schmatta: Rags to Riches to Rags”
    “A Dog Year”

True Blood fans are hoping that this year will be the year for True Blood and that the Academy will recognize what we all already know: True Blood is one of the best TV shows to come out on television in decades!

Source

2. Pink Lady@

User deleted

...però più che Shake and fingerpop io avrei messo (I will rise up non si discute!!!9 o Release me, per la scena che dà il titolo all'episodio, tra Bill e Lorena, o Timebomb, per la scena in cui Godric fa chiudere la ciabatta a Lorena. (s'è capito che AMO lorena? :08.gif:)

3. serenamor

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Pink Lady@ @ 21/4/2010, 17:34)
    ...però più che Shake and fingerpop io avrei messo (I will rise up non si discute!!!9 o Release me, per la scena che dà il titolo all'episodio, tra Bill e Lorena, o Timebomb, per la scena in cui Godric fa chiudere la ciabatta a Lorena. (s'è capito che AMO lorena? :08.gif:)

noooooo non l'avevano capito.... :08.gif: :08.gif:

2 replies since 21/4/2010, 14:53   91 views